Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Gardening

I find gardening very entertaining. I enjoy planting a seed and watching it grow. I enjoy watching the blooms turn into small vegetables. I enjoy watching the vegetable grow and grow until I am able to walk out, pick one, and eat it right there in the garden. But I'd have to say that the most enjoyment that I get from growing a garden is being able to pick more than I can eat and sharing the fruits with my friends.

Today, I picked my first fruit. It was a cucumber. I brought it up to the church, gave it to my Pastor (Proverbs 3:9, "Honor the LORD from your wealth and from the first of all your produce;") After a few minutes, he came into my office and asked if he could share it with me. We sliced it, salted and peppered it, and ate it. We even added some hot sauce to it. Have the ability to enjoy the result of something you sow is a tremendous feeling.

In the same way that I get joy from planting a seed in the ground, I get joy from planting seeds into God's kingdom. I am pleased to give because I know that I am giving into the greatest program there is. The lives that are changed and grown because of Christian ministry are second to no other program. I believe if everyone knew how much impact the ministries across the world, and moreso in thier local church, had on so many lives, they too would get joy from investing into the greatest kingdom of all, God's Kingdom.

May we see the fruits from the seeds we sow into the Kingdom of God.

1 Comments:

At July 16, 2008 at 11:18 AM , Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy said...

You plant yummy cucumbers! The garden looks great.

I love you!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home